In the summer of 1978, when I was six years old, my dad brought home a videodisc player, and three movies: JAWS, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, and DUEL. Maybe you don’t remember videodiscs. They were like DVDs, but as big as records, and there was only twenty minutes of video on each…
RIP Richard Matheson. You spun one hell of a yarn.
So, final stretch…
30 pieces of wisdom from Stephen King novels.
My Halloween recommendations, all in one tidy, spooky place:
Check out the new trailer for “Carrie” based on the novel by Stephen King — in theaters in March 2013.
I’m always excited for a horror movie, and Stephen King remakes are always pretty amazing. So, yes, I’m psyched. But Piper Laurie will always be Carrie’s mom to me. Kids of the ‘70’s, represent!
12 goals completed out of 25, 1 in progress…
- done! 11/22/63 * Stephen King
- done! The Help * Kathryn Stockett
- done! The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo * Stieg Larsson
- done! Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children * Ransom Riggs (Christmas present from Mom)
- done!—read the entire series begin the…